Tuesday, January 30, 2007

its tough I know...



Sometimes my job can be pretty darn difficult! I know that I am not the only one out there with challenges to face everyday, wondering how I can possibly face another day without cracking under the shear pressure of it all, but today was a particularly tough one for me so I thought I'd use this space to tell a few people about it and try to gather as much sympathy as I can find. (yes I know where to find sympathy in the dictionary)

The job was to scope out Grouse Mountain's Munday Alpine Snowshoe Park in preparation for the upcoming 9th annual Snowshoe Classic taking place on Saturday February 10th. (Visit http://www.grousemountain.com/ for more information or to register for the race) I needed to see the 5 and 10 km courses to determine the best places to put course marshalls and first aid attendants to ensure that racers stay on course and that any injured racers are treated quickly.

The Munday Alpine Snowshoe park consists of approximately 10km of trails that take snowshoers of all abilities out to the north of Grouse Mountain's peak and into country that offers what is arguably some of the most spectacular scenery on the North Shore. All of this about 15 minutes from downtown Vancouver!

I hope that you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them and in case my boss happens to read this, I'm joking about the tough job stuff. If anyone is looking for a low-impact way to get some great exercise and experience Vancouver and the North Shore at its most magnificent, I highly recommend that you check out Grouse Mountain's Munday Alpine Snowshoe Park. If you do, keep in mind that (believe it or not) not every day looks like this one so you should be prepared, tell someone where you are going and when you'll be back and come equipped with the following (minimum) equipment:

1. Sturdy hiking boots.
2. Wind and water resistant jacket.
3. toque and gloves.
4. Clothing that is appropriate to changing winter conditions.
5. Headlamp.
6. Change of clothes.
7. Gators.
9. Water and snacks.

Most importantly, don't forget your camera.


1 comment:

Chad Pederson said...

Sounds like a blast, but I'd rather slap on my skis!